- Basic Model: Fixed*1 initial torque & internal pressure
- *1 The design standard for the initial torque output value is 8.0 kgf・m at the time of delivery.
- After the LSD is broken in and the plates are working well together, it will stabilize at 6.0 to 6.5 kgf・m.
- 20 large-diameter plates
- Increasing the number of plates to 20 makes the shift from slip to lock dramatically smoother.
- The diameter of the plates themselves, which are the actual slipping faces of the LSD, was augmented 55% over existing models.
- The result is a decreased load on each sliding face for a 30% gain in durability.
- Plate tooth design: the greatest tooth surface for the hightest power efficiency
- The plates have 16 outside teeth which pick up the power input from the engine and eight interior teeth handle input from the road.
- The case and side gear, which catch and hold the plate gears, have been set with ultimate precision, giving you a large-diameter-plate LSD that completely controls slip judder.
- You will get stable, smooth, effective power and improved durability.
- Possibility of conversion between 2-WAY & 1.5-WAY
- Both 2-WAY and 1.5-WAY setups are available for purchase.
- By machining the pressure ring's cam angles, it is possible to convert between 2-WAY & 1.5-WAY after purchase (this will also require a unit overhaul).
- ※With the 2-WAY, the LSD is effective whether accelerating or not.
- ※With a 1.5-WAY, the LSD is effective only during acceleration.
- ※For R35, 1.5-WAY is not recommended due to its vehicle characteristics.
- Special treatment for highest-quality plates
- A special heat treatment developed exclusively by NISMO is applied to all of the plate surfaces.
- This finish eliminates catching during slippage and ensures a smooth, linear operation.
- It keeps the plates working in harmony when they are first broken in, guarding against plate scorching as well as any loss of initial torque.
- High level of control
- The GT L.S.D. brings you more than just strength and efficiency.
- It also reduces power loss from occurring during time trials and provides the solid traction needed to attain higher cornering speeds.
- All of this will give you better angle control when drifting.
- 1.5 way type
|Models with viscus coupling
|2WD M-A/T with viscus coupling