- A super-strong clutch that combines ease of operation with an output ceiling of more than 600ps ̶ this was the development concept that launched the SUPER COPPERMIX TWIN.
- NISMO first floated this concept as a carbon twin product. Two years into its development, we decided that the low μ of carbon facings could not match the performance that COPPERMIX promised.
- We spent the next year and a half developing twin discs using COPPERMIX.
- This makes the SUPER COPPERMIX TWIN the culmination of three and a half years of testing and development.
- It is the ultimate model in the NISMO multi-plate clutch series.
- Allowable dynamic friction torque measured at 84 kgf･m (static friction: 143 kgf･m) Can handle an estimated power of 670 ps
- This multi-plate clutch system takes the “ease of use” and “high power handling” fortes of COPPERMIX to the next level.
- Numerical values are NISMO measurement values standardized using a pushtype clutch combined with an RB26DETT engine.
- Evaluations were based on street and circuit driving. No quarter-mile evaluation was made.
- Center hub
- Using a center hub increases the engagement surface between the clutch disc and the serrated section of the transmission's input shaft.
- This lowers the overall pressure on individual splines.
- It reduces wear to the input shaft and prevents disengagement problems.
- Having a center hub also makes installation easier than for single clutches by eliminating the risk of damaging the splines or misaligning the 2 discs during clutch assembly.
- Lightweight Flywheel
- The ideal weight for maximum torque was obtained by using a lightweight flywheel manufactured from specially crafted chromemo-lybdenum high carbon steel.
- Aluminum cover
- The flywheel is provided with a special aluminum cover with exceptional heat-radiating properties.
- Center plate with special dual-role strap functionality
- The center plate is equipped with a strap function*1 that also prevents any problems with disengagement.
- *1 This mechanism leverages the reaction force accumulated by the strap plate to cause the pressure plate to constantly move away from the disc.
- It is employed as a standard part in manual transmissions and is installed in all production vehicles.
- SPECIAL COMPETITION MODEL
- For high power users we have developed a special SUPER COPPERMIX TWIN as our RACE COMPETITION MODEL.
|Clutch cover||Weight (kg)|
- Flywheel bolt
- Release bearing (Nissan genuine parts)
- Center hub
- Copper mix clutch disc x2
- Aluminum clutch cover
- Lightweight flywheel
- Aluminum center plate