- To get the most efficient shape for tuning engines (400ps to 600ps), the diameter & length of the intake pipe and the shape of the intake collector's cross section were redesigned.
- This improved air distribution to each tube as well as equalizing the air flow volume to each side, which increased torque in the mid-speed range.
- Fuller air intake to both the front and rear reduces the difference in air temperature on both sides of the turbine.
- This optimizes the air-fuel ratio and ignition timing, which increases output and improves fuel consumption.
- Simple bolt-on installation means that no additional work is required (however, the throttle linkage and throttle sensor must be adjusted).
- Intake temperature difference at the entrance of turbo chargers is improved an average by 18% in the 2,400 to 7,600 rpm range.
- At 4,800 to 7,600 rpm, power output is increased by an average of 1.8% while fuel economy is by an average of 0.4%.
- Collector volume: 4.1L (genuine = 3.4L)
- Intake pipe diameter: φ43 → φ45 taper (genuine = φ45)
- Intake pipe length: 73.8mm (genuine = 48.5mm)
- Material, manufacturing method: Aluminum casting